A yummy breakfast...Did you see my Potato stew recipe
- Raw rice:1 cup
- Cooked rice:1/4 cup
- Grated coconut:1/4 cup
- Yeast:1/4 teaspoon
- Sugar:1/2 teaspoon
- Water :1/2 cup
- Cumin/Jeerakam:Apinch (optional)
- Baking soada:A pinch
- Wash and soak raw rice for 2 hours.
- Gring it with grated coconut and cooked rice
- Make it in to a smooth paste
- Take 1/2 glass of leukwarm water and add sugar in to it Mix it wella nd add yeast.Wait for few minutes.
- Add the sugar solution and baking soda and cumin seeds to the Appam batter and mix it well
- Leave it over night.
- Mornig you can make soft appams
- Before making appam mix the batter well and add salt.And this is the time to adjust consistency.If you need add 1 tablespoon water to it and mix nicely
- Heat a kadai or Appachatty and pour the batter in the center and rotate the kadai in a circular manner
- Cover it with lid and cook it in a low flame
- Yummy soft Appam is ready .Serve it with chicken curry,stew or even with coconut milk and sugar