Kerala style meen curry/Kerala style fish curry
It is a delicious dish and I have no words to explain! I got this recipe from my sister in law Seesa shabu.I tried it long back and got super comments. Now I’m sharing the same recipe with you. Here I used Vatta(trevally fish) fish but you can replace it with any fish. It is a good side dish for rice and boiled tapioca (kappa puzhungiyathu)
- Fish(vatta/trevally fish):1/2 kg
- Fish tamarind/kudampuli:4(medium sized)
- Green chilly:2
- Chilly powder:2 tspn(or depends on your tolerable level)
- Turmeric powder:1/4tspn
- Coriander powder:1tspn
- Fenugreek powder/Uluva podi:A pinch
- Curry leaves
- Coconut oil
- Clean and cut fish pieces.
- Wash and soak fish tamarind in water and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a clay pot(man chatty)and add fenugreek seeds.
- Wait for few seconds and add crushed ginger garlic and shallots. Wait for few minutes and add curry leaves and green chillies.Saute it well.
- Add chilly powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder and fenugreek powder.
- Add fish tamarind without water and sauté for a few seconds.
- Add one cup of water to the clay pot and allow to boil.
- Now add salt and fish pieces.
- Close the pot with a lid and keep it in low flame.
- If you need more gravy you can adjust it with adding more water.
- Fish curry is ready .