Tuesday 12 November 2013

Morru curry/Butter milk seasoned

          




                     When my Mom in law prepares moru curry I finish it of within seconds with plain rice.Though my Mom and sister in law prepares delicious delicious moru curries I prefer my MIl's curry.May be because of the "manchatty"(clay pot) she used to prepare  this dish.Here I'm sharing with you the recipe for moru curry-my mom in law's style!



Ingredients

Butter milk:1/2 litr
green chillies:3
Red chilly(dried):2
Turmeric powder:1/4tspn
Mustard(kaduku):1/4 teaspoon
Fenugreek(uluva):1/4 teaspoon
Coconut:1 cup
Cumin seed(jeerakam):1/4 teaspoon
curry leaves
Salt
Oil

Method

  • Grind coconut with cumin seeds and green chillies.Mix it with butter milk and add salt and turmeric powder.
  • Heat oil in a pan and splutter mustard and fenugreek seeds.
  • Then add red chillies and curry leaves
  • Pour the ground coconut buttermilk mixture in to the pan.Stir it continuously but dont boil it.
  • Moru curry is ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...