It is an easy snack recipe.I’m trying this for first time.It came super and both my kid and hubby enjoyed it.It will be a good tea time snack for your kids(for adults too)
Rice flour:1 cup
Basen flour/Bengal gram flour/Kadala mavu:1/2 cup
Sesame seed/Ellu:1/2 tspn
- Mix all the ingredients except oil.
- Add water in small quantity and make soft dough
- Consistency should be like “Idiappam mavu”.
- Heat oil for deep fry
- Fill the murukku press/idiappam press with the dough. Use ribbon pakoda achu(see the pics)
- Press it directly in to the oil in a circular motion.when the bubbles ceases turn over and wait until the bubbles ceases again.
- Drain the exces oil.
- And repeat the process for the remaining dough.
can use pepper powder too.I used chilly powder that also in very less quantity