Tuesday 24 December 2013

Cherupayar parippu kootan/Moong dal curry


                Cherupayar parippu kootan/Moong dal curry








                It is a traditional "Kerala Sadya"(Feast) recipe.But the style of preparation may vary from region to region.I can say that it is one of the best dishes in Sadya.My mom  prepared it for us and now I'm preparing it for my Kannan.He loves to eat rice with my dal curry and ghee.Moong dal is rich in vitamins,minerals fibers and protein.I'm following an easy way to prepare this recipe.My mom used to add garlic but I avoided it!


Ingredients:


Moong dal/Cherupayar parippu:1/2 cup
Grated coconut:1 cup
Green chilly:2
Cumin seeds/Jeerakam:1/4 tspn
Curry leaves
Coconut oil
Ghee
Salt

Method:


  • Cook moong dal with salt and green chillies.
  • Grind coconut with cumin seeds.
  • Add ground coconut to cooked moongadal.
  • Keep it in low flame and add curry leaves and coconut oil.
  • Stir it well.Gravy should be thick.
  • while serving add ghee on the top of the dal curry.
  • Serve it with pappad.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...