Home made tomato sauce
Preparation of tomato sauce is very easy.Then why should we buy it from shops?Store bought sauces contains a lot of preservatives.So I decided to try it in home.Now tomatoes are very cheap here.I got it with 6 Rs/kg.So I Made sauce and kept it in fridge.I didn't use any preservative .Two three weeks you can save it .Again Remya is here with an easy to prepare recipe. :):)
- Tomato:1/2 kg
- Garlic cloves:5
- Onion:1 big
- Chilly powder:1/2 tspn
- Salt:A pinch
- Vinegar:1/2 cup
- Cinnamon/patta:1 big stick
- Fennel/perumjeerakam:1/2 tspn
- Wash the tomatoes.
- Cook the tomatoes,garlic,onion, chilly powder,vinegar and all the spices listed under "spices needed".
- Blend the cooked tomato mixture and strain it.
- Transfer the tomato mixture in to a pan.
- Keep it on low flame.
- Add sugar and stir it continuosly.
- Stir well until you get a thick sauce.
- Add salt and switch off the stove ,