You can use it as a snack or as a breakfast..and sure it is a kids favourite recipe too..If you have leftover idly batter with less ingredients you can make it.
- Idly batter/Idly maavu:2 cup
- Green chilly(chopped):1
- Curry leaves:1 spring
- Coriander leaves(chopped):2 teaspoon
- Mix the idly batter with salt (if you have salted idly batter,skip this step)
- Add all other ingredients except oil to the batter and mix it well.
- Heat the paniyaram pan/unniyappa chatti and add oil to it.(If you are using non stick pan 2,3 drops are enough.But for traditional pan we have to add more oil.).
- Pour a table spoon of batter in each hole.
- Keep the stove in medium flame.
- Once it turn golden colour turn the paniyaram and cook the other side too.
- Serve it with coconut chutney , tomato chutney or sambar