Sweet boli/Kadalai paruppu poli
It is a sweet dish serving with Payasam(kheer). In Tamilnadu it is known as poli or pooran poli.It looks like yellow chapathi but sweet and softer than chapathi.It will melt in mouth.
- Chana dal/kadala parippu:1 cup
- Maida:1 &1/2 cup
- Sugar:1 cup
- Cardamom powder:A pinch
- Ghee:1/2 cup
- Oil:1/4 cup
- Rice flour:As required
- Turmeric powder:A pinch
- Salt:A pinch
- Make smooth and soft dough with maida.Add salt ,turmeric powder and oil .
- Then add water little by little.Knead it just like chapathi but it should be softer than chapathi dough.
- Keep it aside for 2 hours.
- Wash and cook chana dal .(If you are using pressure cooker,2 whistle in medium flame is enough)
- If you have excess water drain it .
- Grind it in a mixer with sugar.
- Heat a pan with ghee.
- Add ground chana dal paste and cardamom powder.Stir it well.Switch off the flame and let it cool
- Make small balls with maida dough and chana dal paste.Keep them in seperate plates.
- Keep maida ball in your left hand and spread it with right hand.
- Place the chana dal ball in the center and wrap it well with maida sheet.Press it lightly with your hand.
- Roll it in to chapathi by using rice flour(other wise it will be sticky).
- Repeat the same process for remaining balls.
- Fry the rolled bolis in the hot thawa without adding oil.