Chettinadu chicken curry
I got this recipe from solai's true chettinadu kitchen .I have no words to explain its taste!!!!!!!Now my hubby is a real fan of chettinadu dishes..I prefer gravy type but you can adjust water level according to your taste
- Chilly powder:1 tspn
- Turmeric powder:1/4 tspn
- Ginger garlic paste:1 tspn
- Chicken masala:1 tspn
- Fennel:1/4 tspn
- Cinnamon:1 stick
- Mint leaves:few
- Curry leaves:few
- Onion(finely chopped):1
- Garlic:5 small cloves
- Shallots/kunjulli:5 to 8
- Garlic:5 cloves
- Green chilly:1
- Chilly powder:1 tblspn
- Coriander powder:1 tblspn
For coconut paste:
- Grated coconut:2 tablspn
- Cashew nuts:5 to 8
- Fennel/perumjeerakam:1/4 tspn
- Wash the chicken pieces and marinate with the ingredients listed under"to marinate".Keep it aside for minimum half an hour.
- Grind the ingredients listed under"to grind".Keep it aside.
- Grind the ingredients under "for coconut paste" .Keep it aside.
- Heat the pan with oil and add the ingredients listed under"to temper".
- Add chopped onion and saute it well.
- When the onion turns transparent add garlic cloves and saute it again for few minutes.
- Now add tomato and saute it again till it get mashed with onion.
- Add curry leaves and mint leaves.
- Add ground paste(under the heading"to grind").
- Saute it well and now add chicken pieces to the masala.
- Mix it well and saute for 3,4 minutes.
- Add salt and 1/2 cup of water.
- Cook the chicken pieces by closing the pan with its lid in low flame for few minutes.
- Now add ground coconut paste and mix it well.If you need gravy add enough water.
- Keep the stove in low flame it until the chicken is fully cooked.
- Yummy chettinadu chicken curry is ready to serve.