Chettinadu Egg Masala
The name chettinadu tempted me a lot.I dont know the correct reason behind it.But never tried any chettinadu dish.Finally I decided to start with egg masala.I have no words to explain ...that much super tasty egg masala ....I used less oil and less chilly powder here so the pictures may be less colourful.But I can promise you that it is an amazing egg masala..
- Onion(finely chopped ):1
- Garlic:4 cloves
- Green chilly:1
- Chilly powder:1/2 tspn
- Turmeric powder:1/4 tspn
- Coriander leaves:few
To roast and grind:
- Cinnamon:1 stick
- Red chilly:3
- Coriander seeds:1tblspn
- Black pepper:1/2 tspn(up to your spice level)
- Cumin seeds:1/4 tspn
- Fennel seeds:1/2 tspn
- Coconut grated:5 tblspn
- Mustard seeds:1/4 tspn
- Fennel seeds:1/4 tspn
- Curry leaves
- Boil the egg and de shell it.Marinate with salt and chilly powder.Keep aside.
- Grind both ginger and garlic together.Keep aside.
- Dry roast all the ingredients listed under"to roast and grind".Fry it well till it turn slight brown colour
- Let it cool and grind it in to smooth paste.Keep it aside.
- Heat a pan with oil and add onion .Saute it well.
- Add tomato and saute it well.
- Now add ginger garlic paste and saute it well till it leaves raw smell.
- Add turmeric powder and salt.
- Now add ground paste and mix it well
- Add marinated egg.Mix it well .
- Add 1 cup of water and adjust the salt if need and let it boil.
- Heat a pan with oil.
- Add mustard seeds and let it splutter.
- Add fennel seeds and curry leaves.
- Pour it to the egg masala .
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.