Goli baje/Manglore bajji
It is a popular baloon shaped snack item belongs to Kannada cuisine.I got the recipe from my friend.It is a tasty and easy to prepare snack.Hope all will try it
- Maida:1 cup(200ml cup)
- Gram flour:1/4 cup(optional)
- Ginger chopped:1/2 tspn
- Green chilly chopped:1/2 tspn
- Coriander leaves chopped:few
- Sour curd:3/4 cup
- Baking soda:A pinch
- Sugar:1/4 tspn
- Sieve maida gram flour salt and baking soda together.
- Add sour curd to the flour.
- Add chopped ginger and green chilly.
- Mix all the ingredients together to form a thick batter.
- Batter should be little bit looser than normal chapathi dough.
- Keep it aside for minimum 4 hours.
- Heat oil in a pan and wet your hands in water and take small amounty of batter and make balls.
- Drop the balls in to the hot oil.
- Deep fry till it turn golden brown.
- Drain it and serve it with chutney or ketchup
Note:I got 12 bajji