Mysore bonda/uzhunnu bonda
If you have left over uzhunnuvada batter try to make this..a tasty evening snack....
- Black gram/uzhunnu:1/2 cup
- Coconut bits:2 tblspn
- Whole black peper:1 tspn
- Green chilly (chopped):1 tspn
- Ginger:A small piece
- Rice flour:2 tspn(optional)
- Curry leaves:few
- Coriander leaves:few
- Asafoetida:1/4 tspn
- Soak black gram for 2,3 hours.Drain it.
- Grind it in to fine paste with ginger piece.(If you are using mixer grinder add little water to make fine paste)
- Mix the ground batter with all other ingredients except oil.Mix well.
- Heat the pan with oil.Keep the stove in medium flame.
- Wet your hands in water and take little batter and make small balls with it.
- Slowly drop the balls in to the hot oil.
- Fry till it turn golden brown colour.
- Serve it with a cup of hot tea and coconut chutney
- If your batter is not thick keep it in fridge and then use
- Rice flour will make the bonda crispy