One of our favourites snack!!Parippuvada and black tea is a best combinaton especially during heavy raining days.I'm a big fan of "chayakkada items"(tea shop snacks).That also from local small shops where they will give snacks in news papers and vazhayila(plantain leaves)!
- Chana dal/kadala parippu:1 cup
- Green chilly(chopped):2
- Dry red chilly:2
- Ginger(chopped):1/2 tspn
- Fennel/perumjeerakam:1/4 tspn
- Asafoetida:A generous pinch
- Curry leaves:2 springs
- Soak chana dal for 2 hours.Drain the water.
- Grind it in a mixer or food processor with salt and fennel seeds
- Don't make it as a fine paste.
- Mix the ground dal with other ingredients except oil.
- Make small balls with dal mixture and flatten it with the palms.
- Heat the pan with oil and fry each flattened balls