My cousin used to eat chilly parotta from a vegetarian restaurant near to his college and he used to say that it is one the best dishes he has ever had. From the day he told me about this dish, I started searching for this item on the menu cards whenever i went to a restaurant. Finally after so many years, I too got a chance to taste it. Only that time did I realize why he was so much excited while explaining about this dish. Its really yummy and easy to prepare too.
If you have left over chapathis/ rotis use that for making chilly paratha. I used half cooked Kerala parotta available here in super market.
- Parotta/Paratha/chapathi : 2 big
- Capsicum (diced ) :1
- Onion (diced ) :1
- Garlic (chopped ) : 4 cloves
- Green chilly (chopped ) : 2
- Soya sauce : 1 tspn
- Tomato sauce : 1 tblspn
- Spring onion (chopped ) : 1 tblspn ( optional )
- I used half cooked parottas. (So as per the instructions, I cooked it on a tawa for a few minutes.)
- Chop the parottas into bite size pieces. Keep aside.
- Heat the pan with oil.
- Add chopped garlic and saute it on a high flame .
- Add diced onion and green chillies. Saute it on high flame
- Add capsicum and fry it for a few minutes.
- Now add soya sauce and tomato sauce.Saute well and mix it with other ingredients.
- Add chopped parotta and mix it again.
- Switch off the stove and garnish with spring onion.
- I didn't use spring onion
- You may also use red chilly sauce and chilly powder in this recipe.