A few weeks back, one of my friends asked me for french fries recipe. But I was not confident enough to post it on my blog at that time because whenever I used to prepare it, it was good to eat immediately as hot fries. But upon cooling, it turned soggy.
Finally after many trials and errors, I made it perfectly. And my little prince Kannan enjoyed it much by jumping and saying "totatto totatto"(potato potato)..
- Potato : 2 big
- Turmeric powder : 1/4 tspn
- Wash and peel the skin of potatoes.
- Cut it in to long thick pieces.
- Boil the potatoes for 5 minutes with salt and turmeric powder.
- Boil it until the potatoes are soft to touch.
- Drain it well.And let it cool.In this stage I kept half cooked potatoes in my fridge.
- Heat the pan with oil and fry the drained cooled potatoes.
- Remove the excess oil.
- Serve hot with tomato sauce