Pachakaya Achinga payar mezhukkupuratti/Raw plantain and long beans stir fry
This is a very easy to prepare stir fry .It will go well with rice .My mom used to make it for Vishu sadya..
- Raw plantain / pachakkaya (cubed) : 2 medium
- Long beans / Achinga payar / pacha payar : 150gm
- Dry red chilly : 5 to 8
- Shallots/kochulli : 6
- Wash cubed plantain with salt and turmeric powder.Keep aside.
- Cut long beans in to 1" long piece.Wash it well.
- Cook both plantain and long beans together with little water and enough salt.
- Crush both shallota and dry red chilly either in mixie or in a mortar
- Heat a pan with oil and add crushed mixture of shallots and red chilly .Fry it well and now add cooked raw plantain and long beans.
- Mix well and fry it in low flame.