Wednesday 2 April 2014

Palkova

                              Palkova:Guest post by Tanya


Today, I'm featuring the first guest post on my blog. My friend and co blogger, Tanya of  Easy and Simple foods prepared this dish for me. I'm extremely happy to present it before you all. Basically, I don't like  sweets but i am a die hard fan of Palkova!!!!!!!!!!! The moment Tanya informed me that she has prepared palkova for me ........Oh my God!! I was really surprised thinking how she came to know about my favorite sweet. This is what we called friendship.. Right?????

Now about Tanya...A good friend and a great person who gives high values to friendship...From the time i started this blog, she is there for me - helping, correcting and giving suggestions..She has a lovely blog and you will find lots of easy and simple food recipes on her blog.

Palkova is a traditional  Tamil Nadu sweet with a unique taste.Hope you all will try this recipe

                                                                                                                       Remya sean


Today it is a guest post for one of my sweet friend Remya Sean
To tell about Remya, she is a very simple and down to earth person. The one who suggests and share the tips.. When I was new to blogging (still new but in the very beginning days) she was one among the persons who guided / helped me to improve my blogging. Even now, If I need something she will be there to give a helping hand. Very glad to have her in my life.

About her blog and recipes, you can find traditional Kerala recipes as well as innovative new recipes in her blog. Right from simple chutneys, to refreshing drinks and desserts she got a good collection of recipes. You must visit her space and explore it.




Palkova





When She asked me to do a guest post, I was so excited and asked her what she likes... She gave me a broad choice of any Tamil nadu recipe... So decided to make a traditional Tamil Nadu special sweet recipe, and thought it will most suit for this sweet girl. And surprisingly this girl loves Palkova.. What a coincidence right? 

Palkova is my mom's one of the signature recipe. She used to make it so perfect...  Two important things other than the ingredients are required for making palkova.. First a heavy bottomed vessel and then Patience. :) As it takes little more time than an hour, we need to stand and stir. but to enjoy a rich and healthy(! I believe it is healthy as it is made from milk) sweet, wont we stand? 

Palkova



Ingredients:

  • Milk - 4 cups
  • Sugar -1/4 cup
  • Badam -1 (to garnish) (optional)

Preparation:


1. In a heavy bottomed vessel boil the milk.( I had no heavy bottom vessel so used non-stick only)
                                                                                                                          


2. Once the milk is boiled, reduce the flame, and keep stiring for every five minutes once.
( If you are using the nonstick, it will start forming a layer in bottom which will burn later, so keep stir and do not let the layer to form in the bottom. It will change the color as well as the taste of palkova... I would suggest to use the heavy, bottom kadai instead of non-stick., (or atleast the copper bottom vessel))








3. In an hour it would have thickened as a gel, now add 1/4 cup of sugar and mix well.
4. In few minutes, when it reaches the consistency switch off the flame. Transfer to a plate and let it cool down.
5.Garnish as you like.



Notes: Once after adding sugar, in 10 or 15 minutes it will reach the consistency, If it is still watery leave for few more minutes. But do not leave it too much which will lead to a dry palkova..

Hope you enjoyed this simple Palkova recipe. Thanks for reading both of our blogs and keep supporting.. ;)

Palkova

21 comments:

  1. Tasty Palkova. Love to take a bite. So yum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Love Palkova.. looking so delish!
    Like the line "Howcome she knew my taste???"
    Yes, Tats true Friendship :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tasty and yummy palkova ..Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. so tasty palkova.....I'm a big fan of palkova........Thanx for sharing......

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your kind words and posting the recipe dear :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. truly delicious palkova...looks yumm

    ReplyDelete
  7. looks really so delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing the recipe..how much time did it take?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...