It is one of the popular milk shakes of Kerala. During my college days, me along with my friends used to drink this shake often and i still remember those wonderful moments when we shared one sharjah shake among many friends. I have a lot of sweet memories associated with Sharjah shake and our St Josephs women's college!
If you are staying in Kerala, use Milma packet milk and njaali poovan banana for preparing this shake. I have tried making this shake using poovan,.njaali poovan and robusta banana and I personally feel that the drink tastes the best when prepared using njali poovan/poovan banana.
- Frozen milk packet : 500 ml (I used Avin blue cover )
- Peanuts / kappalandi (without skin ) : 100 gm
- Sugar : 2 tspn + 2 tspn (or as required )
- Banana : 2 (I used Njalipoovan banana, the small variety .If you are using robusta, use only one. )
- Boost / Horlicks : 1 tblspn ( heaped )
- Vanilla ice cream : As required (optional )
- Crumble the peanuts and mash the frozen milk. Keep them aside.
- Cut banana into small pieces and put it into a blender.
- Add 2 tblspn of peanuts.
- Add half portion of mashed frozen milk.
- Now add 1 tblspn sugar.
- Add rest of the frozen milk.
- Add boost / horlicks.
- Now blend it for a minute.
- Take a glass and add some crumbled peanuts.
- Pour blended shake into it .
- Fill up to 1/4 portion of the glass.
- Now sprinkle some sugar.
- Again pour the shake and then add some crumbled peanuts.
- Then pour some shake and sprinkle some sugar.
- Finally, add a generous scoop of vanilla ice cream on the top.
- Sharjah shake is ready to serve.