I got this recipe from Taniya's Easy and simple foods .When I went through her blog for easy recipes, i saw this one and was really impressed! I tried it with a few variations and the result was superb!!!!!!
Basically, I dont like soya chunks as such but due to the high nutritional values I'm trying to include it in our diet. This recipe totally changed my view point about Soya...
This is a very easy to prepare dish and you will surely like it. Check out my Soya chunks masala recipe and Soya chunks biriyani recipe .
- Soya chunks: 50 gm
- Ginger garlic paste : 1/2 "piece ginger + 3 cloves
- Chilly powder :1 tspn
- Meat masala : 1 tspn (I used Eastern meat masala)
- Coriander powder : 1/2 tspn
- Curry leaves : 2 sprigs
- Boil water in a vessel.
- Add soya chunks and 1 teaspoon of milk to it.
- Let it boil.
- Remove from the stove and allow to cool.
- Squeeze it and remove the water.
- Now wash it in cold water and repeat the process.
- Finally, drain the soya chunks well and keep it on a tissue paper for a few minutes.
- Marinate with all other ingredients except oil.
- Keep aside for 1 hour.
- Heat a pan with oil and add the marinated soya chunks with curry leaves.
- Fry it on a low flame.
- Drain the soya chunks completely otherwise it will drink more oil.
- Addition of milk will reduce the unpleasant smell of soya chunks.
- You may replace meat masala with garam masala