Who will say no to hot rice with spicy fish curry ?
Again, here I am with a spicy recipe. My mom prepares shark curry in roasted coconut gravy. But my MIL prefers to the red gravy, the spicy version. Both are tasty and here I'm sharing my mom in law's recipe with some variations.
Did you check my Sardines/mathi curry ?
Here is the recipe:
- Shark / Sravu : 1 small
- Ginger : 1" piece
- Garlic : 6 big cloves
- Green chilly : 2
- Shallots / kochulli : 3
- Chilly powder : 1 tblspn (up to your spice level )
- Turmeric powder : 1/4 tspn
- Coriander powder : 1 tblspn
- Fenugreek powder / uluva podi : 1/4 tspn
- Fish tamarind / kudampuli : 2 to 4
- Curry leaves
- Clean the fish with hot water.
- Crush ginger garlic and green chilly together and keep aside.
- Wash the fish tamarind and soak it in water. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan/ clay pot and add crushed mixture.
- Add curry leaves and turmeric powder.
- Wait for a few seconds and add chilly powder, coriander powder and fenugreek powder.
- Saute it well and add fish tamarind without water. Sauté it well.
- Add 1 cup of water and salt.
- Let it boil.
- Add fish pieces and close the clay pot with a lid.
- Keep the stove on simmer mode .
- Check whether the fish pieces are cooked well.
- Switch off the flame and let the curry sit for sometime.
- Spicy "sravu mulakittathu" is ready.