A tasty side dish for rice!!!!Dry prawns in coconut gravy with rice...an amazing combo..We can use the same recipe for preparing fresh prawns too.
My father loved this version very much .Now whenever preparing the same I miss my Achan deeply.
Did you check my other prwan recipes?Plz click on the name :)
- Dry prawn / unakka chemmeen : 1/2 cup
- Drumstick /muringakka : 1
- Mango (cubed ) : 1
- Jack fruit seeds /chakkakuru : 5 (optional)
- Turmeric powder : 1/4 tspn
- Chilly powder : 1tblspn
To grind :
- Coconut (grated) : 1/2 cup
- Shallots :4
To temper :
- Mustard : 1/2 tspn
- Dry red chilly :2
- Curry leaves : 2 springs
- Wash and clean dry prawns.
- Wash and cut drumstick in to 2 to 3 "pieces
- Peel the jack fruit seeds and remove the skin.Cut it in to small pieces
- Take a clay pot or kadai and add dry prawn,cubed mango,jackfruit seeds,drum stick pieces.
- Add chilly powder,turmeric powder and salt to it
- Add 1 cup of water and cook it in medium flame.
- Meanwhile grind coocnut and shallota together.
- Add it to the cooked prawn.
- Let it boil.
- Now heat a pan with oil and add mustard seeds,dry red chilly and curry leaves.
- Pour it to the gravy.
- Switch off the stove and serve tasty dry prawn curry with hot rice!!!!!!