I usually follow an old method for preparing ice creams - using egg and ice cream powder.
But this recipe is entirely different and the main attraction is that it is eggless !!
If we can prepare ice cream at home itself without an ice cream maker and with minimal ingredients, would we ever choose to eat ice cream from outside?? After all, home made is always the best right??
Here is the recipe for eggless vanilla ice cream, my way...
- Amul fresh cream : 200 ml
- Full cream milk : 350 ml (I used Avin premium milk with 6% fat)
- Milk maid : 400 ml (1 tin)
- Vanilla essence : 1/2 tspn
- Combine all the ingredients together in a blender and blend them well (I used my food processor for blending.)
- Pour it in to a container, close it and keep it in the freezer.
- Wait for 5 to 6 hours or until the ice cream is set.
- Blend the ice cream again and keep it back in the freezer.
- Repeat the process for 2 to 3 times, it will help you to get smooth and soft ice cream.
- Scoop and serve it chilled.
- It will melt fast at room temperature. So keep it back in the freezer after serving.
- This amount of ingredients yield ice cream for 5 to 6 persons.
- Milkmaid contains sugar, but If you feel it is not enough, add more sugar.