Again a bachelor recipe..It is one of the easy and simple side dishes for chapathi.
Here is the recipe..
- Chana dal / kadala parippu : 1/2 cup
- Ginger chopped : 1/2 tspn
- Onion sliced : 1
- Green chilly : 2
- Chilly powder : 1/2 tspn
- Mustard seeds : 1/2 tspn
- Dry red chilly :2
- Curry leaves : 2 springs
- Wash the chana dal and pressure cook it for 3 whistle in low flame .You should add enough water( ie,just above the level of dal )green chilly chopped ginger and salt
- Once the pressure releases open the cooker and keep it aside
- Now heat the pan with oil and add mustard seeds and let it splutter.
- Now add sliced onion and curry leaves
- Sauté the onion well and add red chilly powder
- Now pour it to the cooked dal.
- Mix it well and serve it with roti