Pazhampori/ethakkappam is the most popular Kerala snack.Myt Achan (father)used to buy it from tea shops during childhood.But When my Amma retired from the service she too started making it often.We loved to take it with hot tea during evening.
- Ripe Kerala banana / nenedran banana : 2
- Maida / Wheat flour : 1/2 cup
- Sugar : 1/2 tspn
- Water : 3/4 cup(as required)
- Peel the banana
- Cut in to 2 pieces
- Now cut each piece in to thin slices lengthwise ie,you will get 4 thin slices from one banana
- Make a batter with maida salt sugar and water.The batter should be medium thick in consisitency
- Heat a a pn with oil.
- Now dip each banana slices in to the batter and deep fry it .
- Drain excess oil and serve it
- You can add turmeric powder to the batter
- Banana should not be over ripe
- Slice banana according to your wish .I love to eat small pieces so cut each in to 3 pieces and again sliced in to 2 pieces
- You can also add 1 tblspn of rice flour to the batter