We Malayalis prefer a gravy type curry along with dry stir fry for rice.So I used to prepare pachadis and kichadis for gravy.Kannan loves to take it with rice .It is an easy to prepare one.
- Tomato (sliced ) : 3 big
- Green chilly : 2
- Turmeric powder : 1/4 tspn
- Beaten curd : 1/2 cup
To grind :
- Grated coconut : 1/2 cup
- Cumin seeds / jeerakam : 1/4 tspn
- Mustard seeds /kaduku : 1/4 tspn
- Mustard seeds : 1/4 tspn
- Dry red chilly : 2
- Curry leaves : 1 spring
- Cook tomatoes with salt turmeric powder and green chillies.
- Grind all the ingredients listed under "to grind"
- Add it to the cooked tomato and mix it well and let it boil
- Now add beaten curd and mix well.Once it starts boiling switch off the flame.
- Now heat a pan with oil.
- Add mustard and let it splutter.
- Add dry red chillies and curry leaves
- Pour it to the pachadi and mix well.