Again a sadya recipe..cucumber in yogurt coconut gravy...a tasty side dish for rice Here in mkichadi we won't grind mustard seeds along with coconut.
Already I have posted Check recipe here: manga kichadi
- Cucumber (golden) : 2 cup
- Green chillies (slited) : 3
- Curd : 1 cup(depends on sourness)
- Grated coconut : 1/2 cup
- Cumin seeds / jeerakam : 1/2 tspn
- Mustard seeds : 1/2 tspn
- Curry leaves : 1 spring
- Peel the skin and remove the seeds of golden cucumber.
- Cut in to thin slices.
- Cook it with salt and green chilly(1/4 cup of water is enough to cook)
- Grind grated coconut and cumin seeds in to a smooth paste.
- Add this ground paste to the cooked cucumber and mix well
- Now add beaten curd to it.Mix it well and check for the salt.
- Heat a pan with oil.
- Add mustard seeds.Let it splutter.
- Now add curry leaves and pour the seasoning over the kichadi.
- Mix well and serve it hot..