A healthy rice recipe...Kids are fussy eaters so it is very difficult make them to eat veggies ( here kid is better than mom...:P) Anyway last week my hubby bought a big cabbage and I made this cabbage rice .Really it was a hit ! You can prepare it for your kidus and pack it in their lunch box I'm sure they will enjoy with pickle curd ,raitha or Tomato sauce
ps:If you don't like to eat cabbage try this recipe:))))))))..
- Basmati rice : 2 cup
- Shredded cabbage : 2 cup
- Grated carrot : 1/2 cup
- Chopped onion : 1 big
- Chopped garlic : 1 tblspn
- Garam masala : 1 tspn
- Pepper powder : 1/2 tspn (up to your spice level)
- Lemon juice : 2 tspn
- Water : 3 cup
- Soak basmati rice for 20 minutes
- Drain the rice and pressure cook it with 3 cups of water,salt and lime juice .
- One whistle is enough.Let it cool
- When pressure subsides open the cooker and keep aside
- Heat a pan with oil.
- Add chopped garlic.Sauté it well till it leave the raw smell
- Add shredded cabbage,chopped onion and grated carrot to it.
- Sauté it well till the cabbage turns light brown colour.
- Add salt .Be careful while adding salt because already we added little salt in rice..
- Add garam masala and pepper powder.
- Mix it well
- Now add cooked rice and mix it well.
- Switch off the flame and serve it with raitha or tomato sauce
- You can add soya sauce too.
- If you have left over rice use it.
sending this recipe to Indusladies recipe book
sending this recipe to beulahs event