Monday 8 September 2014

Lemon rice





Lemon rice

Lemon is rich in vitamin C.It is an easy  and quick rice recipe and offcourse your kids love it.Intake of lemon juice will prevent cold.If I'm feeling lazy in the morning I will pack this in lunch box.It is a good rice item that you can carry while you are travelling long distance.We can take lemon rice without any side dish.If you need take it with potato fry or pickle




Lemon rice

Ingredients:

  • Cooked rice : 1 cup
  • Lemon : 1
  • Turmeric powder : 1/4 tspn
  • Salt

For seasoning : 

  • Mustard seeds : 1/2 tspn
  • Urad dal : 1/2 tspn
  • Chana dal : 1/2 tspn
  • Peanuts / kappalandi : 2 tblspn
  • Green chilly (chopped ) : 1 tspn
  • Dry red chilly
  • Asafoetida : A pinch
  • Curry leaves : 1 spring
  • Oil

Method:

  • Cut the lemon and squeeze the lemon juice.
  • Mix it with salt and keep aside.
  • Heat a pan with oil
  • Add mustard and let it splutter
  • Now add urad dal ,chana dal ,peanuts dry red chilly chopped green chillies and curry leaves.
  • Fry it for few seconds
  • Now add asafoetida and turmeric powder.
  • Mix it well and pour it to the cooked rice .
  • Add lemon juice and mix gently.
  • Adjuat the salt and serve it with pappad or pickle
Lemon rice

14 comments:

  1. healthy one pot meal...participate In my veg box - Cabbage event

    ReplyDelete
  2. yummy .... favorite rice for my kid :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delicious and yummy rice..........love to eat with pickle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks so perfectly done,yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lemon rice looks delicious. my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Remya,

    Your lemon rice is appealing me, nice recipe.
    It's nice meeting you, following you.
    Have a nice week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice preparation...this is one of my favorite rice :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lemon rice is my fav and I love what I see. Its so inviting.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...