When I saw this oats idly recipe here I decided to give it a try. I usually prepare oats idly using curd. When I tried this version, I got really soft and spongy oats idly.
- Oats : 1 cup
- Cooked rice : 1/2 cup
- Urad dal : 1/2 cup
- Fenugreek seeds : 1/4 tspn
- Soak urad dal for 1 hour. Drain it and keep aside.
- Roast the oats and grind it into a fine powder.
- Grind urad dal, fenugreek seeds,cooked rice and powdered oats .
- Dont add too much water.The ground paste should have a thick consistency.
- Transfer it into a steel bowl and add required amount of salt .
- Keep it undisturbed for the whole night.
- The batter will be raisen in the morning. Mix it gently and prepare soft idlies by using your idly cooker .
- You can try different variations of this idly by adding curry leaves, chopped ginger and some veggies to the batter.