Easy but delicious one pot meal!Yea veg pulao is rich but yet simple one..The main difference between biriyani and pulao is that,in pulao we use only very less spices but biriyani contains more spices and it is a colourful aromatic and rich dish.You can use any side dish of your choice with pulao or even curd will goes well with it
- Basmati rice : 1 cup
- Cooked greenpeas : 3/4 cup
- vegetables : 1.5 cup
- Onion sliced : 2 medium
- Water / coconnut milk : 1 cups
- Ginger garlic pasre : 1.5 tspn
- Green chillies : 3
To temper :
- Cinnamon / patta : 1 stick
- Clove / grampoo : 4
- Cardamom / elakka : 3
- Ghee : 1 tblspn
- Oil : 1 tblspn
- Heat a preassure cooker with ghee and oil.
- Add all the ingredients listed under to temper.
- Now add sliced onion and saute it well.Add green chillies and ginger garlic paste
- Add chopped veggies and saute it well.Then add drained rice and mix it well.Add water / coconut milk
- Add enough salt.
- Close the pressure cooker with it lid and Keep it for one whistle.
- When the pressure subsides open the cooker
- Yummy pulao is ready to serve