Again a yummy non veg recipe.I love mutton curry than any other mutton recipes. But this roast I have tasted from my friends home forced me to prepare it in home. It will go well with rice , roti , Appam, puttu , idly etc...I'm sure you will love this version
- Onion : 2 big
- Ginger : 1" piece
- Garlic : 8 cloves
- Chilly powder : 1tblspn
- Coriander powder : 2tblspn
- Garam masala powder : 2tspn
- Curry leaves
- Water : 1/2 cup
To marinate :
- Mutton : 1/2 kg
- Turmeric powder : 1/2 tspn
- Chilly powder : 1tspn
To temper :
- Cinnamon / patta : 1stick
- Clove / grampoo : 3
- Cardamom / elakka : 3
- Fennel / perum jeerakam : 1/2 tspn
- Marinate washed mutton pieces with all the ingredients listed under "to marinate "
- Heat apan with oil.
- Add all the ingredients listed under "To temper ".Let it splutter..Now add chopped / sliced onion and saute it well.Add salt also
- Make ginger garlic paste and set aside.
- Now add ginger garlic paste.Saute it well till it leave the raw smell.
- Now add coriander powder, chilly powder , and garam masala powder. Mix it well.
- Add in marinated mutton pieces.
- Mix it well with all other ingredients.
- Now add 1/2 cup of water and cook it in either pressure cooker or pan.
- If you are using pressure cooker after one whistle keep the flame in simmer mode. (mine took 5 to 7 minutes.)
- Once the mutton cooked well roast it in low flame.
- Mutton roast is ready to serve!
sending this recipe to delectable flavours