Kerala cuisine is blessed with variety of coconut flavoured dishes.Erissery, pulissery, aviayl etc are some examples...Both my hubby and kid love to take almost all the type of dishes that prepared in cococnut gravy.Non veg prepared in coconut gravy also good in taste but I'm reducing it now a days due to my diet control.Prawns in coconut gravy is a super tasty dish that also I used to prepare in almost same method.
- Jackfruit seed peeled and chopped : 1/2 cup
- Drumstick : 1 (cut in to 2" pieces)
- Mango chopped : 1
- Chilly powder : 1/2 tblspn
- Turmeric powder : 1/4 tspn
To grind :
- Grated coocnut : 1 cup
- Shallots / small onion : 4
- Cumin seeds / jeerakam : 1/2 tspn
To temper :
- Mustard seeds : 1/2 tspn
- Curry leaves : 1 spring
- Dry red chilly : 2
- Pressure cook jack fruit seeds with salt until it turns soft.
- Take a pan and add in chopped mango,drumstick and cooked jackfruit seeds.
- Cook it with chilly powder and turmeric powder.Check for salt.If need add salt.
- Grind grated coconut with shallots and cumin
- Add ground paste to the cooked veggies.
- Mix it well and let it boil.
- Heat a pan with oil .
- Add mustard,dry red chilly and curry leaves.
- Pour it over the gravy.Mix it well and switch off the flame
- Chakkakuru manga muringakka curry is ready to serve!!!!