When I got a basket of lemon I decided to try pickle.Took recipe from sis in law and gave a try!She used mustard and fenugreek powders but I used as such.Add more garlic it will enhances the taste!
- Lemon : 10 big / 20 small
- Ginger ( chopped ) : 1" piece
- Garlic : 20 cloves
- Mustard : 1 tspn
- Fenugreek seeds / Uluva : 1/2 tspn
- Chilly powder : 3 tblspn
- Turmeric powder : 1/2 tspn
- Asafoetida powder : 1/2 tspn
- Vinegar : 1/4 cup (optional)
- Grated jaggery : 1 tblspn (optional)
- Wash the lemon and steam it for 5 minutes in a idly maker or steamer. Don't allow it to crack.(you may skip this step )
- Cut it in to slices according to your wish Marinate it with turmeric powder,little salt and 1 tspn of chilly powder.Set aside
- Heat a pan with oil .Add mustard and let it splutter .Now add fenugreek seeds And add ginger and garlic.Keep the stove in low flame.
- Now add chilly powder and asafoetida mix it well .Add vinegar if you are using.Let it boil. Switch of the flame and add sliced lemon.
- Mix it well and check for salt.
- Add grated jaggery and mix it again.(it will reduce the bitterness)