Pani puri is a popular street food in which crispy poori filled with potato, sprouted grams , channa etc and the filling ,may vary from street to sreet....
For paani :
- Mint leaves : 1/4 cup
- Coriander leaves : 1/4 cup
- Green chilly : 1
- Ginger : 1/2 "
- Tamarind : 2tblspn
- Jaggery grated / sarkkara / vellam: 1 tblspn
- Roasted cumin ( jeera ) powder : 1/2 tspn
- Black pepper : 1/2 tspn
- Black salt : 1 tspn
- Chat masala / Amchur powder : 1 tspn
- Cold water : 3 cup
For Sweet chutney :
- Dates : 12
- Tamarind : 1tblspn
- Jaggery grated : 1 tblspn
- Chat masala / Amchur powder : 1/2 tspn
- Chilly powder : 1 tspn
- Cumin powder : 1/2 tspn
For potato filling :
- Potato(Boiled and mashed)
- Chat masala / Amchur powder : 1 tspn : 1 big
- Onion chopped : 1 medium
- Green chilly chopped : 1
- Roasted cumin powder : 1 tspn
- Red chilly powder : 1/2 tspn
- Coriander leaves : few
For Poori :
- Rava (semolina ) : 1/2 cup
- Maida 1.5 tblspn
- Soda powder : A pinch
- Water : As required
- Grind all the ingredients together to a smooth paste.
- Strain it and mix it with cold water.
- Or keep it in fridge
Sweet chutney :
- Boil dates and jaggery together (if your jaggery contains impurities dissolve it in water and filter.Then boil dates in this filtered water.)
- Grind it in to smooth paste.
- Soak tamarind in water and take extract and add this to ground dates paste.
- Let it boil and add salt , chat masala , jeera powder, and chilly powder
Potato filling :
- Combine rava maida salt and soda powder together
- Add water little by little and make stiff dough . Let it be there for 15 minutes.
- Knead it well and make small lemon sized ball.
- Roll it in to big chapathi and cut it in to small pooris with a lid
- heat a kadai with oil slide each pooris and press it gently with laddle.
- Flip it over and cook other side too.
- Drain it and keep it an air tight container.
How to assemble pani poori :
- Make a small hole in the center of each poori.
- Drop a teaspoon of potato filling then sweet chutney and finally spread some sev too.
- While serving pour pani over it and eat