Actually I have a Kerala blog But trying to add recipes from other states also. After starting my blog I have tasted different dishes and started trying different styles too..But I was not confident to try mushroom recipes before.The main reason was lack of confidence in its cleaning part.By seeing many recipes I decided to try mushroom .(But my hubby doesn't like it .I have prepared beef roast for him and mushroom for me.)
One of my friends Dr.Gigi Vipin told me that mushroom roast is a tasty dish and she is trying to include it in their diet at least once in a week.Being a doctor she is a health conscious lady and wont take anything other than oats for her dinner.When I started showing my face she explained , the main dish should be oats porridge or idly but she prepares side dish with paneer, mushroom ,fish etc. Mushrooms are rich in vitamins and minerals.It is rich in selenium an antioxidant mineral and copper.Mushrooms contains high amount of vitamin D also.After her health lecture I too started thinking about to change my dinner menu..but still thinking is going on..:P
To be frank I cant keep my grip on diet control and somehow now managing my weight proportional to height ..rice with beef or even with pickle and curd are my weakness.This mushroom roast goes well with roti paratha and even with rice!Hope here after I will post many more recipes with mushrooms
I followed a normal method to prepare it but never expected such a delicious outcome.
Cleaning part was a problem for me.But my friend explained it well so I just followed her instructions
- Button Mushroom : 1pkt /180gm
- Onion sliced : 2 medium
- Garlic : 6 cloves
- Ginger : 1/2 " piece
- Turmeric : 1/2 tspn
- Chilly powder : 1.5 tspn
- Coriander powder : 1 tspn
- Garam masala : 1tspn
- Curry leaves : 1spring
- Open the packet and keep the mushrooms in water with turmeric powder.
- After 10 minutes take it and clean with hands.Remove black particles and mud from it and wash it two three times till you get clean water.
- Now slice it and keep aside.
- Heat a pan with oil and add in sliced onion and curry leaves.
- saute it well.
- Make a paste of both ginger and garlic and add in.Mix it well till it leaves the raw smell.
- Add in salt.
- Now add in coriander powder,chilly powder and turmeric powder.
- Mix it well
- Add in sliced mushrooms and mix it again.
- Cook it in medium flame by covering the pan with its lid.No need to add water mushroom tends to ooze out water.I used little water(less than 1/4 cup) because I was not sure about this as it was my first trial :)