Papaya stir fry was a common dish in our dining table.My Achan (dad)loved this version and Amma used to prepare it for us.It is a simple recipe with less ingredients but tastes heavenly.Papyas are excellent source of vitamin C ,A, E, K and minerals.It will helps to reduce the risk of many life style related diseases.
A fish fry , Moru curry and papaya mezhukkupuratti....wow..drooling here..!!!!!!!!!And you..????
- Papaya : 1 medium sized
- Shallots / kochulli (crushed ) : 1/4 cup
- Coconut bits (Thenga kothu ) : 1/4 cup
- Chilly powder : 2 tspn
- Turmeric powder : 1/4 tspn
- Peel the papya remove the seeds and chop it in to small cubes.Wash it well and sset aside.
- Take apan and add chopped papaya with salt and turmeric powder.Add enough water and cook it (Don't over cook)till the water gets dried.Drain it and keep aside
- Now heat a pan with oil.Add crushed shallots and saute it well.Now add coocnut bits and chilly powder.Saute it well in low flame .Add cooked papaya and fry it well in low flame.
- Papaya stir fry is ready to serve with rice!!!!!!!
sending this to delectable flavours